Woodstar Brorum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Woodstar Brorum

For Bros, By Bros

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Holy fuck, I love Skip Williams.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Yakkub
The Spooky Pope of 3.5e
The Spooky Pope of 3.5e
Yakkub

Holy fuck, I love Skip Williams. Empty
PostSubject: Holy fuck, I love Skip Williams.   Holy fuck, I love Skip Williams. EmptyMon Jul 04, 2011 3:46 pm

So, Skip Williams is a pretty cool guy. eh co-designed D&D, wrote the Monster Manual, and doesn't afraid of anything. Here's his little Wizard bio blurb:

Quote :
Skip Williams keeps busy with freelance projects for several different game companies and was the Sage of Dragon Magazine for many years. Skip is a co-designer of the D&D 3rd Edition game and the chief architect of the Monster Manual. When not devising swift and cruel deaths for player characters, Skip putters in his kitchen or garden (rabbits and deer are not Skip's friends) or works on repairing and improving the century-old farmhouse that he shares with his wife, Penny, and a growing menagerie of pets.

Anyway, he's been vital to my ascension to Spooky Pope of 3.5e though various articles full of sage wisdom.

These two archives are invaluable to Dungeon Masters and Players alike:

Rules of the Game
Just like it sounds; Skip Williams organizing the sometimes scattered rules of 3.5 by topic. This might not sound too impressive, but when you're pouring through 3+ books or 5 tabs of SRD for scattered bits of related info, things can become extremely frustrating. I've been finding his articles on mounts especially useful when designing my level 20 gestalt Champion of Corellon Larethian.

Character Class
This is an in depth analysis of the roles, abilities, suggested equipment, strengths and cons of every basic class in 3.5 (or at least the good ones). In addition, the author explores the role of the "Stealthy Rascal" and "Sturdy Brawler" quite expertly. Still further, within this archive you'll find some wonderful homebrew additions to the core classes found in the Player's Handbook, such as filling up "Dead Levels".

I can't recommend these resources highly enough.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/yakkub

Holy fuck, I love Skip Williams.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Woodstar Brorum :: D&D :: Rules Halp-
Jump to: