Woodstar Brorum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Woodstar Brorum

For Bros, By Bros

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Topics of discussion need: Part2

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Scildecido
Lord Artista
Lord Artista

Topics of discussion need: Part2 Empty
PostSubject: Topics of discussion need: Part2   Topics of discussion need: Part2 EmptyTue Nov 08, 2011 4:13 pm

The world, what a fabulous place!
Right now to my understanding, the world Axis takes place in is split into two halves. The civilized world we're in, and a land of myth and wonder on the other half.
Now we understand the former half since we live in a facsimile of it. The latter half is what I need a storming on. For example to clarify this part of the world, this is where Nymphy's vampire clan exists in. In the mountains. Just below these mountains are tribes of primitive peoples since vampires do need to feed. I want all sorts of things to rest in here, all sorts of unheard of magic, all sorts of mythical beasts. Yet, I have the intention of barely stepping foot in this place, to keep the magic.
My first decision I want to make is really, how big should it be, or better yet, how should the world look? I don't have an comprehensive design yet. Continents is the main thought, I don't really have countries.
Back to top Go down
WoodyTheWoodstar
DM-san
DM-san

Topics of discussion need: Part2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Topics of discussion need: Part2   Topics of discussion need: Part2 EmptyWed Nov 16, 2011 1:18 pm

The best advice I can give you is to make yourself a physical map of the world. Getting a global picture will undoubtedly help you put things in perspective and imagine a sort of scale. When seeing little peninsulas and coves that you draw, or wide expanses of desert or forests, little idealets start popping into your head. Come up with a rough number of towns, toss 'em in. Don't necessarily have to think of names for them, just think of the culture/types of people that live there. Think of an Elder Scrolls map that have large expanses of nothing, dotted by little lights of civilization and points of interest.
Back to top Go down
https://thebrorum.forumotion.com

Topics of discussion need: Part2
Page 1 of 1